Wednesday, February 23, 2005

bound by red tape


The Jellyfish has just successfully added another layer of redtape. Now not only are my hands bound, my feet are bound too.

After the incident with the last issue of the magazine, the Jellyfish has turned paranoid. It's written all over his face. Although admittedly, much crap has happened to the Place under his care. But I disgress.

So anyway, in an attempt to micro-manage and cover his ass, the royal mandate is that a mock-up of my magazine is to be passed through him for vetting. I am to rework the production schedule to reflect this in.

Ok lets think about that.

*stroke of inspiration*

Oh, I know! I can stick Jellyfish in right about 1am on the morning of Printing Day. That's conveniently after I've off-ed all the pages and right before our very-inflexible printing slot.

But you see, things were done that way at the Golden Standard. Of course he doesn't realise that with the Golden Standard's publication:

1) It was not 64 pages thick
2) There were no time issues stemming from 3000 levels of redtape to clear
3) It was not editorial-intensive; less time is required to vet through
4) Dedicated staff were on-hand. I'm a freaking one-man circus.

Fine. Whatever. Do as you please. I'll do my part to the best of my abilities.

We'll see how things turn out.

I promise to bite back the "I-told-you-so".


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]