Monday, February 21, 2005

hanging on to hope


It began a crappy morning. And ended an even crappier evening.

I took off at 6.09pm, the earliest since I took on this designation. It's not that I didn't have a mountain of work to clear, I just felt so disgusted with the place that I just wanted to get the hell outta there.

It started around 12 noon. After a hectic morning of rushing stuff, I took a breather. Then I started assessing what it was I was doing. One thing led to another and I started wondering why I am slogging so hard. I lost my appetite over lunch, much to the amusement of colleagues who found it funny that I seemed to be losing it a mere 3 weeks into this position.

My first reaction to that was indignance. What did they know! I have loads more than what my predecessor had to deal with. And she had 8 years of experience under her belt. Then I started to feel so small for thinking that way. So I kept mum.

I emailed out a strand of hope the moment I got home. Hope in the form of greener pastures. Honestly, I dun expect them to call me. From my research of the firm and their top-dog, they're not partial to freshies. They expect 2 years of experience from their people.

Like my mother always says, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

I am.

Hanging on to hope.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]