Sunday, February 06, 2005

writing for the sake of writing


I wanted to write, but didn't know what to write about. So I've decided to write for the sake of writing.

I could have spun something from nothing and make this entry so much more intellectual. But I shan't.

I shall write about writing for the sake of writing.

I have strong work pride. I expect only the best from myself, especially in the form of the written word. I can't say that my work in the office satisfies that need in me. I guess when it comes down to it, it's more important to complete 100 tasks than ace one and neglect the rest. That's productivity, efficiency and effectiveness for you.


But it bugs me and I have been as vocal as I can about work load versus work quality. Not that I'm being heard. Nevermind.

So you would think that I have stringent demands on my leisure writing (or blogging, in this case). And I do. So why am I rambling on about nothing?

Because it makes me feel good.

Not the rambling. The writing.

It is this form of writing that is meant to relax me. That I'm supposed to do for fun. For myself. And not anyone else reading it. I should be comfortable penning (keyboarding?) my thoughts down without having to think reader-style. Which is all I do at work.

After all, writers write what people read. It is my readers' perception that I strive to influence through my work, be it a corporate collateral or marketing material. But here, in blogosphere, I am free from that.

Maybe that's why I'm not publicising my blog. Because I don't want to be conscious of my readers. I don't want to write for them. In this dimension, I write for me.

And that's what I call writing for the sake of writing.

Simply because it makes me happy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]