Thursday, March 03, 2005

between the devil and the deep blue sea...


... I made a choice. I took the plunge.

The issue has been bothering me for about a month now, and this morning it escalated to cause for concern.

I've always felt strongly about the lack of professionalism in the organisation. Perhaps it's because I'm still fresh to the corporate world, perhaps I'm too idealistic. I carry with me romantic notions of how professionals should carry themselves and how professional organisations should operate.

It's been a culture shock, to say the least.

It eludes me how managers can throw tantrums infront of subordinates - kicking, screaming and yelling, only stopping short at hurling expletives. Sure, everyone is entitled to their moods and everyone has different tolerance levels. But as someone of managerial level, certainly you'll be able to handle impromptu situations in a more matured manner?

Or so I thought.

It further eludes me how managers can scheme against their own subordinates. I'll concede that intelligence (and a large dose of perfume) is necessary to achieve such selfish ends, but it doesn't preclude said manager from being a conniving, undercutting, backstabbing lowlife.

And to do it with such flourish! Such blatance! Such arrogance.

So anyway, this morning I made a difficult decision (by my standards). The move seemed natural and apparent to all privy to the situation, but I must say it was still not easy for me. But I still did it.

Well I did train under the best - the lady whose credo is, if it's between your ass and mine on the line, I'll hang you in a flash.

Now I'll just have to wait and see if the deep blue sea was worth the plunge.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]