Tuesday, April 19, 2005

in the loo with nothing to do


Not too long ago, I went to GV Grand to watch Sahara. Before entering the cinema, I decided to visit the loo (it was going to be a long show). The ladies' were clean and best of all, empty. Rejoice filled my heart.

I stood there facing the long row of unoccupied cubicles, enjoying the moment.

Then I ventured a step forward and peered into the first cubicle: wet mushy toilet paper lined the floor.

Next!

I cocked my head to glance into the second cubicle. It seemed clean and dry. But not even knowing why myself, I took a decisive stride towards the third cubicle and entered it without even so much as an backward glance.

It was alright, I suppose. But the seat cover was rather loose.

In any case, I plonked myself down to pee. While doing so, I had quite a philosophical debate with myself, in my head.

I figured that Cubicle 2 was superior to Cubicle 3. And if I had made an informed decision, I would have chosen Cubicle 2. But I didn't!

Why?

I frantically searched the back of my mind for that one particular thought that swept past as I glanced into Cubicle 2.

"This is fine. But I think the next one might be better."

That was it. Because of that, a perfectly pristine toilet cubicle was forsaken and I took a chance with the next one. Best of all, I didn't hesitate to enter Cubicle 3; resolute in the above (rather baseless) thought.

What on earth was that???

I can't decide which is scarier: not knowing why I did what I did; or not knowing why I'm still talking about it.

***

P/S I decided that waiting is not torture (refer previous post). It's anticipation that kills.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]