Thursday, May 12, 2005

a series of unfortunate events


I've been meaning to write this post the whole day but everytime I got down to typing it out, an ominous feeling would overcome me and I would know - the day was only going to get worse.

Today was made up of a series of unfortunate events. Or more accurately, one disheartening piece of news and a couple of irritating happenings.

So at the strike of 6 o'clock, I made a mad dash home. And on the journey home, I composed a 45-minute blog entry in my head. And although the junk food that was dinner seems to have erased a substantial portion of it from my memory, I still remember disappointment, indignance, weariness and other generally unhappy emotions.

It's just as well I waited until the end of the work day and after I devoured my dinner to write this. Otherwise this entry would be a string of vulgarities and a whole load of unpleasant thoughts about certain people.. involving voodoo dolls, curses and their posterity.

But now, I'm undeniably calmer and less disturbed by Thursday the 12th. I just need a quiet evening at home - languishing on my bed, notebook on-hand and television turned on.

Lets just pray I don't fall down an elevator shaft tomorow.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]