Saturday, May 21, 2005

spoofed


Talk this way henceforth, I shall. Watched Revenge of the Sith, indeed I have. Just like Master Yoda, I am.

Irritating, is it not?

::

The only Star Wars show that I watched was Episode 4. The original 1977 one. It was compulsory for a film class I took. heh.

So today, I gamely trooped off to watch Episode 3 - the story of Anikin Skywalker. Armed with (highly limited) knowledge from my previous Star-Wars experience, I was none too worried watching Obiwan Kenobi duel with whats-his-name. Cos I knew he wouldn't die.

Embarrassingly, for the first 3/4s of the show, I thought Anikin's wife (Padme? Panda? Something like that - he doesn't speak very clearly) was Princess Leia. You can imagine how terribly confused I got when "Princess Leia" got pregnant: I hadn't known that the Star Wars series involved 3 generations of Skywalkers.

When Anikin began wavering towards the Dark Side, I dismissed it as a plot ploy of twists. Until he swore allegiance to that ugly Chancellor bloke, I really got confused. Leaning over and tugging my boyfriend's sleeve, I had to ask...

"Anikin is Luke's son or father?"

::

But my most embarrassing cinematic experience thus far was watching AVP. I remember watching it with my boyfriend and several of our mutual uni mates. All guys. All yapping away about AVP-this and AVP-that. Losing by majority vote, I was coerced into watching AVP.

So I sat there concentrating with all my might, eyebrows furrowed as I desperately tried to follow the (largely absent) storyline. Then there was that scene where the Alien and the Predator came face-to-face for a bloodthirsty fight.

At that crucial point, I just had to ask...

"Which is the Alien and which, the Predator?"

::

Stick with gooey romance movies, I should.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]