Friday, May 27, 2005

through the gripe-vine


I was bombarded by gripes of all manner today. I know my office isn't the best working environment and hell will freeze over before we qualify for a People Development Award. There isn't even a remote chance of receiving a Humane Environment accolade.

Every single day, someone, anyone, everyone will have something to complain about (we are after all mostly Singaporeans).

I'm probably not in a position to criticise/ comment on any of their gripes, given that I confess to be a helluva bitch too. But good Lord, some of the stuff I hear is beyond ridiculous. It's not even logical (I believe in being a reasonable bitch) !

I'm really not at liberty to share the gripes people have unloaded on me, but I just need to say that at times, we just need to take a step back and reassess the situation we face. Threats are no way to go. And they don't work all that often, either. Even if you're prepared to toss this job out of the window, have some pride in your work.

At least you'll be able to leave with your head up high and no one littering your way out with rotten tomatoes.

You owe it to yourself to make your time here worthwhile.

Comments:
thanks redderz. it is not for nought that i reign as queen bitch.

rise, my disciple. and learn.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]