Wednesday, May 25, 2005

with grit teeth...


I came to work this morning. Despite the fact that the top of my head feels like it's going to split apart. I was none too worried about that given it's been throbbing and threatening to explode since last night.

My throat feels like sandpaper. Did you know if your throat feels like sandpaper, even swallowing saliva is a bitch? God.

A hint of illness plagued me all day yesterday. So with much resolve, I packed up and left the office by 615pm, hopped onto a cab and made for home. A slight detour to the Chinese Medical Hall was necessary, to pick up 4 bottles of liang cha.

Once home, I began my almost-ill ritual of dousing myself with generous amounts of liang cha. I don't know why I always do that... maybe I think I can drown the nasty virus with icky herbal tea. And just like that, I finished all 4 bottles. I kickass, man.

That also led to an unnaturally high number of toilet trips throughout the night. By the end of the evening, my pee was as clear as mountain dew.

Gratified by the success of this ritual, I went to bed. And slept. And slept. And was late for work this morning.

So now tell me why, my head still feels like it's going to split and my throat, like the roughest sandpaper.


Keep gritting teeth. It's only 10.15am.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]