Friday, June 03, 2005

fantasies of the disgruntled


I have a dream. It may be a fantasy too far flung from reality to come true, but hey, it lights up my darkest work hours with a devilish green glow.

I was kinda really hoping to strike Toto last night. A whooping $1.4 mil!

I guess the average John Doe would splurge on a car, treat relatives and friends you didn't know you had to delicacies after delicacies, after which, go shopping at the luxury boutiques of Paragon like a crazed Japanese tourist.

But me? I would march to work with the zeal and zest that my office has never seen, toss my perfumed letter of resignation on Jellyfish's desk with a dismissive flick of the wrist and follow through with a cheque of one month's pay.

It'll be more gratifying than you think. Really.

A look of unadultered shock. The gasp of horror. Possibly, his eyes will even glaze over and he'll be helplessly foaming at the mouth. But I overestimate myself.

They'll just rehire, won't they? Just like they're trying to get me a new manager. Doesn't take too long, minute stuff like this. It hasn't even been 3 months, after all.

Ok, fantasy over. Back to cruel reality.

Work beckons.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]