Wednesday, June 08, 2005

joke of the century


Q: What's smaller than a small fry?
A: I am.

::

That's right. I must reign as the Joke of the Century. Inexperienced, wet-behind-the-ears me.

Perhaps it's because I don't carry myself in a "bossy" manner. Perhaps it's because I'm too much a newbie for Someone to respect as a superior. Perhaps it's just Her.

I'm not officially her boss but I've been burdened with the responsibility of ensuring that the Department functions while Jellyfish sources for a new boss for me. In slow motion, no less.

And it's getting downright exasperating.

Is it so wrong to ask for a report that is more than one month overdue? Especially when Jellyfish is breathing down my neck because They Who Shan't Be Mentioned are proding him with a stick for it.

Is it not basic courtesy to let someone finish her sentence before you cut it off with a dismissive wave of the hand and a "yah lah, yah lah. I'll get it done"? I concede that that was the 4th time in a few weeks that I've requested for said document. So guess why I'm still asking for it.

It's true that I haven't put down my foot with her. You know, really show her who's boss! But it's kinda difficult to find an opportunity to do so. She's always yakking on the phone.

Anyway, like I was saying, yes I haven't been all that firm/ strict/ commanding/ autocratic with her. And no I haven't threatened her with various forms of torture.

Because at the end of the day, I am not her boss. She knows it and is exploiting that. Further, she's been here long enough to be a wealth of information for us newbies; I turn to her often with 'how is this usually done' type of questions.

I'm not going to do anything about this. But the next time I get grilled over her inefficiency, I am so going to let it all out.

So bite me.

Comments:
If you are a small fry, then I am an amoeba. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]