Thursday, June 30, 2005

my shuffle is telepathic


On the last two occasions that I used my iPod Shuffle, I have realised that the lovely thing is telepathic! In a way, because it reads my mood more than it does my mind.

Now everyone knows that the Shuffle, essentially, shuffles. It selects randomly from a 120 song list without my interference.

Two evenings ago, I was heading home from work in a particularly depressed state. Lets just say it was one of those days. In the 30-minute cab ride home, I began to notice that my Shuffle was only playing slow songs: love ballads of the i-love-you-so-much-i-want-to-die genre. And in doing so, accentuated my mood so much I was dangerously close to suicide.

Partially as a result of that Shuffle-induced ineluctable state of depression, I took urgent leave yesterday. Yes, urgent. Otherwise I might die at my desk. This mid-week rest surely had to involve a trip down town. So I upped my lazy ass and took a bus towards shopping haven. Throughout that 45-minute bus ride, my Shuffle decided to play upbeat, uptempo, happy songs! So much so, I finally alighted infront of Tangs with a hop in my step and a (rather silly looking) smile on my face.

My Shuffle is telepathic. I shite you not.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]