Tuesday, July 05, 2005

i can take a hint


Dear Higher-up Power

Look, I can take a hint alright.

I was innocently filling up a long online job application form (damn those stat boards) - and I do mean long - when the power died. The entire building was out, along with all other buildings in the vicinity. So like, fine, I lost everything! No biggie right? I was only 90% done with it and it only took me a good 30 minutes.

*mutter mutter grumble grumble*

After an hour or so, the power came back on. So I decided doggedly to start on it all over again; patiently filling field after field about my personal particulars, education and career history, when lo and behold, the power went out again.

I threw my head on the table in despair. Yes, I hear that I should have just smacked my forehead with my hand - less painful that way - but I'd lose that dramatic effect that had my neighbour sniggering under her breath.

Anyway, I can take a hint. I shall not attempt to fill that form again.

I'll just do it when I'm home.

So please stop cutting our power supply! It's hot in here!

Thank you.

P/S As I type this, I am praying really hard that darkness does not abruptly descend upon me. For the third freaking time.

Afternote

The Higher-up Power is really good. Shortly after I posted the above, we lost our Internet connection (I understand it's the aftermath of the preceding power loss situation). It's just been revived. Phew!

the commentator @ 6.43pm


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]