Wednesday, August 24, 2005

i went hungry last night


And I am deliriously happy about that. Ha! Don't look at me like I'm some deranged anorectic teenager. I'm not.

I didn't skip dinner on purpose, to begin with. I had a 7pm meeting. At 6.30pm I was convinced to join a couple of colleagues for dinner. I wasn't even hungry! Way too early for dinner. But still I had half a club sandwich.

Which in all honesty is already dinner. But noooo.. by 11pm my tummy was growling. I swear it's a psychological thing. So in a rare show of self-discipline, I refused to eat. Had meself a cuppa milo and went to bed.

As I was lying in bed I had gastric pains. Sharp and pulling and oh-so-familiar. I like.

You see, I'm not trying to starve myself. I'm just trying to tame my overly-pampered (and soon to be bulging) tummy. Really. I believe that one's stomach can be stretched to accomodate different amounts of food. And unfortunately, when the stomach is too used to a certain (large) amount, it gets difficult to the my appetite in.

So see, successful step one in taming of the tummy!

Me - 1; Tummy - 0.

Yay!


Comments:
Me 1 Tummy 0, Health -1

(D W)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]