Sunday, October 02, 2005

because i'm so extra

The 7-meme has really been making its rounds. I was rather amused reading Little Miss Drinkalot and Tym trying to tackle it while both claiming it's a tough one. So even though I'm not tagged, I decided to try it out.

Here's my take in no particular order:-

::

7 things that scare me:
1. my own (overactive) imagination
2. the unknown
3. the dark
4. points 1, 2 and 3 combined in one scenario
5. creepy crawlies (all of them)
6. dying (mainly because of point 2 above)
7. not being able to be with the people I love

7 things I like the most:
1. satisfying a food craving immediately after it hits me
2. cuddling and being cuddled
3. lazing on a lounge chair on a dusky Saturday evening with a drink in hand, staring out at the great big world
4. luxurious hotel rooms
5. a shopping spree on a weekday afternoon
6. specifically, lingerie shopping
7. travelling

7 important things in my room:
(this would be easier to answer if my TV, cable box and DVD player were still around)
1. my cranky 3-year old fujitsu notebook (without which blogging, emailing and websudoku-ing wouldn’t be as comfortable)
2. my bed
3. my handphone charger (because the only other charger I have is in the office)
4. my dusty old books spread over two shelves
5. my vanity table, because I am so vain
6. my wardrobe (it stashes the loot from shopping sprees)
7. an old fan and a mounted air-con unit (all the better to control room temperature)

7 random facts about me:
1. I can’t cycle.
2. But I can swim.
3. I love my dog and though he’s dead, I keep his ashes in an urn.
4. When eating at a hawker centre/ coffeeshop, I’ll prop my legs up on the bar under the foldable table so that cockroaches don’t scuttle pass my feet.
5. I use my teeth to gingerly peel the skin off grapes before actually eating them. Which is why I don’t eat grapes outside home.
6. I have a total of 11 earholes from my misspent youth. But only two have survived ‘til today.
7. I usually prop myself up on the bed and type with my notebook balancing precariously on my lap. For hours. (explains points 1 and 2 of ‘important things in my room’)

7 things I plan to do before I die:
1. Draw a decent wage
2. Stay in an old English manor, butler and all, at least for a week
3. Learn another language (I’d say French or Spanish, but Malay is so much more functional)
4. Host a dinner party and not have to buy takeouts
5. Take a trip through Europe in the Orient Express
6. Move out of my parents’ house
7. Not suffer a long and painful death

7 things I can do:
1. Curl my tongue, sideways too
2. Stretch my thumb so far back that it touches my forearm
3. Cook a smokin’ meal of instant noodles with the microwave
4. Multi-task – sing along to my mp3s, watch TV, blog and MSN at the same time
5. Yak on my cordless home phone ‘til the battery conks out.
6. Be a bitch.
7. Write.

7 things I can’t do:
1. Deal patiently with fickle-minded people, boss or otherwise.
2. Nothing.
3. Smoke a cigarette infront of my mother
4. Play a decent song on the piano (I didn’t have that many lessons)
5. Touch my toes (exercise is an alien concept these days)
6. Watch TV in complete darkness.
7. Drink. Doctor’s advice.

7 things I say the most:
1. Whatever.
2. Alright.
3. Freaking.
4. Sheesh! (followed by dramatic rolling of the eyes)
5. You’re not serious! (my version of disbelief-cross-exclamation)
6. You are so shitting me. (disbelief tinged with suspicion)
7. Bye (i need to end a telephone conversation with a bye. I can’t just hang up)

7 celebrity crushes:
1. Me
2. Me
3. Me
4. Me
5. Me
6. Me
7. What do you mean I’m not a celebrity? ME!

(As you can tell, at this point in time the meme is taking its toll on me)

7 people who could do this:
they’ve all already did.

::

Sometimes I ask for trouble.

Comments:
Well done!
 
said like a true teacher ;)

thanks tym
 
Aiya, must be encouraging what :) I found it really hard to complete the list without cheating!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]