Wednesday, October 26, 2005

not such a fun place after all


For a place which (claims to) exude fun, I'm having none at all.

Referencing my gripes last week about eating alone, an update: I still eat alone. But I got smarter. I started making lunch dates with ex-colleagues and galfriends in the vicinity. Makes it all so much better.

So end of last week, boss had a quick chat with me (read: 2-week assessment) and in summary:
1. I'm not outgoing enough because not all of the 250 staff in the building know I exist;
2. I still don't know the everything about everything after two weeks.

Of course point 2 above is still valid inspite of me being blatantly honest with her during my interview a month back that what motivated me (official excuse) to leave my old place is that I wasn't doing what I really wanted to be doing. And this new job offers that. So lets see, if I've never directly done work like this before, how can I be expected to know everything?

But she loves tossing questions like "Blah blah blah. Did you know that?" and like a fool, I have to admit that I don't.

Tsk tsk, you've got to know these things, she says.

I know I need to know. But I don't appreciate being put down because I don't at the moment.

It's things like these which explain the radical thoughts racing through my head the last two days. Radical thoughts that are crystallising. Radical thoughts that, with each passing hour, seem less and less radical. And more and more tempting.

And no, I'm not about to commit a felony.


Comments:
Ugh. The thing about bosses like that is you don't know they're going to be like that till you've started working for them.

Hope things pick up soon! As for being outgoing, don't tell me that's part of your job description??
 
I just came across your blog about Wellness Intelligence to complete my work on the subject. Thanks for your thoughts!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]