Thursday, October 06, 2005

so here i am


So here I am, dwindling my thumbs. What an odd feeling.

I'm clearing the remaining of my leave these few days before I hop, skip and jump to a new job, new environment, new world.

I was looking forward to this break. Although it sucks that everyone else is busy working on weekday afternoons. Alone time sounded great, anyhow.

So Day 1 afternoon was spent sipping an iced latte in Holland Village with equally bored galfriend who abandoned work. To fill the 2-hour lapse before my dinner appointment was due, I went a-shopping, of course. By the time dinner ended, it was 10ish and I was tired. So it was a straight cab home to my bed.

Day 2 started with lunch with the Boyfriend. Then I had the entire afternoon to kill before attending a dinner meeting (yes, even though I was on leave). From 1pm to 6pm, I loitered. From Raffles Place to Orchard Road, up to Somerest and back down to City Hall.

I walked until I couldn't feel my feet; shopped until my arms ached from carrying an assortment of bags; and splurged until I realised I might be eating grass for the rest of the month.

Resolutely, I went to the meeting venue an hour earlier and just sat there. Said my hellos and bade my farewells to a couple of staff there who knew I was leaving. Crap meeting lasted a good 4-odd hours and as usual, it was a straight cab back to my bed again.

Today is Day 3. I have absolutely no plans whatsoever, which is a refreshing change, really. I'm even having dinner home.

The only problem is... I have nothing to do.

Excuse me while I go count my toes.

Comments:
I'm impressed that you have a new job (hurrah), but even more impressed that you went shopping all afternoon on Day 2 and brought all your bags to the dinner meeting?!

Oh wait, maybe you have a car or something to stash all the bags.
 
that was the problem, really. that i dun have a car to stash them all.

but at the same time, that was also the point. i wanted to go in jeans and tshirt, armed with shopping bags, as a silent protest against having to attend a dinner meeting on my off day.

i guess it worked ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]