Wednesday, October 12, 2005

third day on the job


Overall assessment: Not too bad.

New place is quite nice and cosy; boss is nice; colleagues are friendly. A shallow assessment of my portfolio tells me there's heaps to learn!

2 main gripes about this place:-

1. Early hours
God-forbid, I officially start work at freaking 830am. This wouldn't be that bad if it were flexible but apparently everyone comes in early/ on time. Even the last person to come in is at his desk by 845am.

This is a rude culture shock from my flexible 9.30am - 9.45am starting time. And even that was relaxed because ex-boss only saunters in at around 10.30am. Plus this new place is further (distance-wise) and more troublesome (public-transport-wise), so therein lies the longer-travelling time reason.

2. Caffeine!
One of the saving graces of my ex-place was an industrial-sized coffee-maker: press one button for a double shot expresso. Milk is fresh and at the side.

This place.. I cringe to even refer to that dispenser as a coffee-anything. The coffee is sour - and not in that American freshly brewed way. Plus I abhor powdered creamer. I mean, milk should be milk already.

So I guess there are adjustments to be made. Rude ones and fast.

Comments:
You don't have any convenient coffeeshops where you can pick up coffee in the morning?

Alternatively, you can find out if it's kosher to bring in your own personal coffeemaker and plug it in at your desk :)

Good luck with the new job!
 
Nope. No convenient coffee pickup points at all! I don't exactly work in CBD or town area. heh.

I so considered grabbing the coffeemaker from home! but then I'd still have to work around the fresh milk part. Not too certain how long it'll last in the pantry fridge.

So much to figure out!

And thanks, I think I'll really be needing a healthy dose of luck to survive the first month.

Cheers.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]